THERE IS ONLY ONE SURE FIRE WAY TO PREVENT AND AVOID RUNNING INJURIES…DON’T RUN…BUT WHERE’S THE FUN IN THAT?
Runners and multisport athletes have one of the highest rates of injury in all of sport. Many of these injuries, however, do not prevent them from continuing to run but inhibit their success with their sport or just cause them a great deal of pain.
Physical Therapy can help facilitate recovery from a running injury through the use of hands-on-care, exercise and running specific treatment strategies. The Doctors of Physical Therapy at San Antonio Center for Physical Therapy specialize in orthopaedics and sports injuries. We can help you combat your current injuries and give you the knowledge you need to prevent another one.
COMMON RUNNNING INJURIES TREATED AT SAN ANTONIO CENTER FOR PHYSICAL THERAPY:
- ACHILLES TENDONITIS: Persistent pain in the backside of your lower leg and heel.
- PLANTAR FASCIITIS: Sharp pain noticed on the sole of the foot, just in front of the heel. Commonly noticed with the first steps you take each day.
- IT BAND SYNDROME: Pain on the outside of the knee or thigh.
- SHIN SPLINTS: Pain or soreness noted in the front of the lower leg.
- PATELLOFEMORAL PAIN SYNDROME: Sharp pain with activity noted around the knee cap.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT:
Treatment at San Antonio Center for Physical Therapy begins with a complete orthopedic evaluation and running analysis. We provide a comprehensive home exercise program, review tips for running efficiency and injury prevention, and give shoe and footwear recommendations.
As your pain subsides, we help you return to your sport by building up your four fundamentals for effective, healthy running…
ROBUSTNESS – STRENGTH – CONDITIONING – COORDINATION
This way when you leave us you are better equipped to run injury free for life.